<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 15, 2004

It's been a while...

It's been a while since I've updated this blog. Primarily because my second semester has started at University and I've been extremely busy, but also because I didn't really feel like writing. But, as you can see, I do feel like writing now, so I'll bring you up to date and walk you through the last week and a half.

First of all, Saturday the 7th my best friend Nizza celebrated her birthday in the 'Pazzop' and it really was a great party. The atmosphere was excellent, the tea and soesjes (sorry english readers, I really don't know what the correct translation is for this word) were free and it was nice so many people turned up. I also got the chance to talk to some friends I hadn't seen in almost two months, and hopefully it won't be another two months before I see them again. But the best part of the night was the music, without a doubt. Nizza decided to take care of the music herself and she should definately do it more often! I don't know if it was only me, but the music she played was exactly what I would like to hear on an evening like that. Praise Nizza!

Well, like I said I started my second semester at University and it's not going to be as easy at the last semester. I have to read lots of books and articles, probably 4 times as much as during the first semester. And besides the reading, I also have to do a lot more assignments. For this one subject (Growth & Technology) I have to read an average of 3 articles per week, with a total of about 150 pages. But the professor didn't make a reader for us, so we have to download the articles from the internet and print them out ourselves. Last Wednesday it took me 2,5 hours to print the 4 articles I was supposed to read for the next day... And furthermore, we also have to do an assignment per week for this subject. And they aren't exactly your simple look-it-up or calculate-this assignments. They are rather difficult and very vague, so we have to turn in the assignments twice before it's satisfactory, which ofcourse means: double work! *sigh*

But, not everything about this semester is bad. I've chosen two subjects about the economic and european history which are given by the same teacher. He's an older man from Flanders (Belgium) and if I had to describe him in one word it would be, nice (with a capital letter N). Normally, it's a pain in the ass to listen to the same guy for 4 hours, but listening to someone with a Flemish accent is no problem at all. And him being nice is also why none of us are complaining about the fact that his lessons are 4 x 45 minutes of constant writing (making notes). But his lessons are interesting from beginning to end! Let's just say I'm really glad I chose these two subjects.

Well, that's about it I guess. For now...
Oh wait, I forgot to give you a summary of yesterday. I didn't send any cards. I didn't get any cards. I don't care about Valentine. But I did get a package in the post yesterday which contained the latest Sarah McLachlan album. I won a competition (again). So I'm just going to go on with filling in every competition I find on the internet, because somehow my win chances are quit high.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home