<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 08, 2004

....

I'm sitting here, crying my eyes out, in front of the computer....

The vet has just left with the remaines of Toby, our dog. He performed euthanasia after we had called him to our home, because Toby was extremely sick and already close to death. Everything was fine yesterday, but today it was clear to my brother, mother and myself that it was time to let him go. Toby had reached the age of 14 in December, and had been ailing for quit some time now. But today it was finally over. He died beautiful and very peaceful. He was sleeping while the vet came and because he was deaf and blind he didn't even notice the vet. So when the vet gave Toby the anaesthesia he just slept on until his heart stopped after the second injection. He died with dignity, and that was the last thing we could do for him.
Toby was a Scottish collie and had been a part of our family for over 14 years. My brother and I grew up with Toby and we all had a wonderful bond with him. He was the greatest pet you could ever imagine. Although he wasn't very fond of other people, he gave us an incredible amount of love. We had so much fun together and shared so many good moments. We could do anything to him, but he would never hurt us. He would notice when you were sick or sad and gave you a lick in your face exactly when you needed it the most. He was simply incredible and I don't think I will ever meet another dog that shows so much love and affection.......

I'm going to cry some more and hope I will be able to stop in a couple of hours.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home