<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 11, 2004

-- insert any title --

I still can't believe Toby dying had such a major impact on me. Monday and Tuesday were very difficult days for me. Everytime I walked in the room I was looking for him, so I could give him a hug or a stroke, like I used to do. But then I realised he wasn't there anymore, and that still hurts every single time. But I'm a lot better today. I've made my peace with the simple fact that he was much better off this way. I still miss him though...

Moving on to some university/study stuff. The former-mayor of Zoetermeer finally decided to correct the exam we did many weeks ago. But thankfully the waiting wasn't for nothing. I passed the exam, which means that in the three years I've been studying I've passed every single exam (except one) the first time. And don't you think I'm a big nerd, because I'm really not!
Furthermore I'm extremely busy with university stuff. I have thousands of pages to read, but the worst part is doing assignments for the subjects Growth & Technology and Philosophy. I've complained about Growth & Technology in an earlier post, but it even got worse during the last couple of weeks. It seems like the assignments are only becoming more vague and we have to put hours and hours of work into one assignment. The assignments for Philosophy aren't much better. I mean, I don't have anything against the subject and I like to philosophize from time to time, but the things we have to do are just stupid!

Moving on to some book/movie/music stuff. Latest downloaded shit: Alec Empire - Hypermodern Jazz 200.5 / Unkle - Never, Never Land / PJ Harvey - Is This Desire? / Björk - Greatest Hits / several 'The Awful Truth' episodes. I've finished reading 'The Eye of the World' yesterday and I must agree with all the people on all those forums who told me to go and read Jordan. I'm going to the library tomorrow to get the next part in 'The Wheel of Time' series. So, people: GO, and read Jordan!
I've also finally watched some movies my brother downloaded. Two of those I can really recommend are 'Dogma' and 'Bowling for Columbine'. The first one is really funny, íf you're not too much of a christian. And Alan Rickman plays a cool part, which for me is a great advantage. (maybe so for more people?) The latter is a brilliant documentary by my latest hero, Michael Moore. It's a comical, but also very shocking (at least to people who don't live in the U.S. themselves) account about U.S. society and it's love for weapons. Sometimes I really couldn't believe what I was hearing. Maybe it's because I'm from outside of the United States, I don't know, but the U.S. sure is a weird country at times....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home