<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Decision Day

My brother came back from Ireland a week ago after having been gone for over 3 weeks. Those probably were the best weeks I’ve had in a year. During those weeks it became clear to me that I still have a wonderful relationship with my parents and those few weeks were a very welcome breather for all of us. I had hoped, against my better judgement, that something would have changed in his disrespectful attitude when he would return from Ireland. But of course, he was still the same.

Last Sunday was decision day, the day my brother had to decide what he was going to do with his life for the next year or my parents would decide for him. Since he came back from Ireland he has decided to study Celtic languages and culture at the University of Utrecht. As he only decided this last Sunday, two weeks before the new university year starts, he doesn’t have a place to live in Utrecht. This means he’ll have to travel two hours to and two hours from Utrecht every single day. At least, if the Dutch railways decide to cooperate because we all know how they always seem to mess things up. In a sense, last Sunday did bring about some change in my brother. For the first time since January he finally has a goal in life again. It’s a very small change, but it’s still there. Now all we can do is wait and hope it will all turn out well.

currently reading: R.A. Salvatore - Legacy of the Drow series - Starless NightHmmmmm, pie!
currently listening: Miss Kitten – Electroclash album
currently downloading: Blutengel – Child of Glass album

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home