<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Happy Birthday To Me

Today’s my birthday. I’ve turned 21 and I feel old and young at the same time. When I compare myself with the younger people at the ‘Het Nest’-forum I really feel like there’s a generation gap at times. They talk about stuff that really doesn’t interest me and I feel less and less at home at the forum. But when I look at my study I feel very young again. I’m currently in my fourth and last year, so if I’m able to finish my study this year I’ll only be 21 years old and graduated. And if it takes me a bit longer I’m still only 22. That’s really young compared to the age of most other people that graduate. It’s a really weird idea that this time next year I could be looking for a job….

I’m wondering whether certain people are going to remember it’s my birthday today. The last couple of years I’ve really felt let down by some people (I’m not going to say any names). It made me feel like I didn’t matter and it hurt like hell, but I’ve sort of come to terms with it. Today is their last chance in this matter. If I hear nothing this year again it’s over on my part as well. No more sending birthday cards and Christmas cards without ever getting anything in return. It really is very little trouble to send a card, give someone a call, or even sms or send an email card. It’s just about the idea and the gesture. To make the birthday girl or guy feel that they matter and you thought about them. You just expect that at least your friends will remember your birthday, because if they don’t, who will?? Yes, you could say I’m still a bit frustrated…

Today 60 years ago, our village Bladel (the Netherlands) was liberated by the British. A memorable day my grandmother still vividly remembers and I very much enjoy listening to her stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home