<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Family affairs

My family is annoying the crap out of me. That’s probably normal in some sense and I’ve always been annoyed with them about certain things, but lately it’s gotten a lot worse. I hope it’s just me being more easily agitated…

My mother is too protective. I guess that’s a mother’s thing and she’s always been that way, but the older you get the more annoying it gets. I know she means well and everything, but AARRGH!!! She acts as if the world is out to get me or something. I always have to be careful about everything. I’m a careful person by nature, but you can’t foresee everything. In my view, if something happens, it happens and there’s nothing you can do about it. Don’t get me wrong, I also have a wonderful friend-like relationship with my mother, but sometimes it’s too much mothering…

The relationship I have with my father has never been extremely good. He’s not a talkative, feeling, sharing or openly loving person. So our relationship isn’t exactly deep. Lately we’ve had a lot of discussions about the Islam and what’s been going on in the Netherlands and the rest of the world. Hearing his thoughts about these issues made me feel really disappointed in him. It’s not like he has extreme thoughts about the subject, far from that, but I had assumed he might be a bit more open-minded. It’s disappointing to see your father can’t look further to see the larger picture…

My brother… well, my brother has been a total nightmare at home during the last two years. Since he’s started his new study in September it’s been getting better, but he’s still the same compulsive liar. Lies are always annoying, but constant, daily lies are extremely frustrating and mind-numbing. Besides that, he’s seeing this girl which he isn’t seeing, according to him. He denies categorically that she’s his girlfriend, but I don’t know what else to call her. They sleep together, go places together, hang-out, spend days in each other’s company. (The last three days he’s been at home only to sleep a few hours, but the rest of the time he’s been with her.) How else are we supposed to look at this? It has become a really weird situation because he keeps denying. They totally fit my description of a boyfriend and girlfriend, so I think I’ll just stick with that. She isn’t “just a good friend”, she’s a very, very special friend, so what the hell are we supposed to think?!?! I don’t get it…

Well, that’s my family for you. Not that I’m perfect or anything. I probably annoy the crap out of them as well…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home