<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

I need a break...

As you might have noticed I haven’t been posting much lately. In the words of Chris at Lateshow.org : “I’ve been a bad blogger”. Partly it’s because I don’t have any inspiration and partly it’s because I’m too busy with my study. The latter also primarily causes the first. What it is I’m busy with?

For development we have to write a paper that will also be our final grade. The major problem: the professor is extremely exacting about the subject of the paper. The last couple of weeks his classes have only been about what subjects people wanted to do. His comments were the same for every group: too descriptive and not good enough. This week we finally managed to come up with a subject he agreed to, but finding appropriate literature is very difficult and time-consuming. It’s going to be a hell of a job getting it done the way he wants it as he expects a month’s work from everyone in the group.

If this was the only paper we had to write it probably wouldn’t be too much of a problem, but we also have to write a paper for Social Economic Policy at the same time. Besides that I also have to do a written exam for Business Ethics at the 20th of December. And if that wasn’t enough I also have an oral exam on Growth in the middle of January. The exam is about the papers everyone has written during the first half of the seminar. That’s four papers per group of an average of 25 pages per paper and seven groups in total, which comes down to 700 pages at least, but probably a lot more. Everyone still has to start reading all these papers because the professor still hasn’t placed them on the internet. I really don’t understand what he’s playing at. He probably thinks we have all the time in the world when the lectures of this seminar officially end. Little does he know.

And then I also still have to finish my third-year special paper. *sigh* I’m afraid I’m going to be busy and trying not be too stressful until the end of January. Once I’ve finished all these subjects I’ll have to start my special paper. Don’t know what I’m going to write it about yet. Don’t know whether I’m going to do a training period or not. Don’t know whether I’ll actually make it until the end of January.

I’ve already let go of the idea that I might finish my study by the end of this university year. I really need a break…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home