<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."

About two-and-a-half weeks ago our computer was infected with a Trojan, which you can read all about some posts below. Yesterday, our computer was infected again, with exactly the same Trojan. (Trojan Swizzor-A, B & C if anyone is wondering) Whenever we tried to use any virus or other scanner the computer would freeze and we weren’t able to remove the files ourself. In other words, the same troubles all over again. It seem like someone is after us or our computer. I have no clue why, because we don’t have any interesting stuff on our computer. Someone out there is probably laughing his ass of, because he/she thinks it’s all a wonderful joke. I’m extremely frustrated and annoyed. I need the PC to work on my essays, but that’s impossible if the computer is infected or away for repair. It’s not funny anymore…

As I had nothing better to do, since our computer is gone, I decided to have a Pride & Prejudice day. I went to the library to get the english version, started reading yesterday evening and I’m already half way. I have the dutch translation myself, but the English version is way better. I have to buy it some day. I’ve also watched the BBC mini-series from several years ago. The one with the wonderful Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. *sighs heavily* I bought the series on DVD some years ago, as I totally fell in love with it when I saw it on television. Nizza and myself were quit obsessed with the series when it first appeared on Dutch television and we must have driven several people in our class mad with our quotations. I definitely qualify as a P&P freak and I’m not afraid to admit it! But the idea of Keira Knightley playing Elizabeth Bennet in the upcoming movie-version of Pride and Prejudice hasn’t really sunk in yet. This guy is supposed to play Mr. Darcy. They could have done better than that! A lot better! Hopefully, Tom Hollander playing Mr. Collins will make up for it. All those names probably don’t mean anything to you, but I’m quit into the British acting world. So to me, it all makes perfect sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home