<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 10, 2005

"Ah, music. A magic beyond all we do here!"

I half obtained this music stick from Paz Rae by force and half received it after threatening to steal it from her when she would be sleeping at night. The original stick is in Dutch, but we can’t have that on an all-English blog, now can we? So here’s the now-in-English-but-originally-Dutch-music-stick.

1. What’s the total size of the music files on your computer?
Well, at the moment the Direct Connect-folder on our computer is about 12 GB. But it contains more than just music files (comics, videos and other nerdy stuff) and I share the folder with my brother. Before our computer broke down I’m sure about half of the capacity our computer has was filled with music. So that would have been about 30 GB. At the moment we’re still working on getting our computer filled with music again.

2. What’s the last album you bought?
I really had to think a long time about this one, because it’s been quit a while since I actually bought an album. I believe the last two albums I bought were ‘Das Zweite Gesicht’ by Saltatio Mortis and ‘Viator’ by Corvus Corax. I also already know what my next album is going to be, ASP’s ‘Interim Works Compendium’.

3. What’s the last song you listened to before you read this line?
The Cure - Lost, from their last album ‘The Cure’. Wonderful album, one of my favourite The Cure-albums, so go and get it!

4. Name three songs you love to listen to or mean something to you.

The Cure - Pictures of You: I had never really listened to The Cure before I saw them live at Rock Werchter 2004. From the moment they started playing I was rooted to the spot. It was an amazing experience. I was completely overwhelmed and have been a fan since that beautiful night…

Bløf - Mooie dag: Bløf is just about the only band out there that’s making music in Dutch that I actually like. I don’t know how they do it, but there’s not much about their music I can criticize. The music is beautiful, Paskal has one of the best voices in the Dutch music industry and their song writing isn’t cheesy, but strangely poetic. This particular song affects me every time I listen to it…

Hedningarna - Graucholorfen: Whenever I feel slightly down or just feel like dancing I put on this song and go insane. All Hedningarna’s albums are great and all their albums bring something new to their music. Their music is very special and there aren’t many bands that sound like them.

(Bonus points for the person who knows where the title-quote comes from.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home