<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Losing the weight

A bit over six months ago I decided for myself that I wasn’t going to stay fat for the rest of my life. I decided to change my lifestyle and to simply live a healthier life. Since that day I’ve lost 12 kilograms and have finally reached the first target weight I set myself when I started. After fulfilling this goal I made a promise to myself never to weigh above 70 kilograms again in my life. I don’t know whether I’ll be able to keep that promise but I’ll do everything in my power to stick to it. According to the BMI-Meter (Body Mass Index) I’m supposed to weigh 65 kilograms to no longer be overweight. Reaching that weight is my final goal. Since it’s only another 4 kilograms I might be able to reach it. I’m just going to stick to the exercise and eating pattern I’ve been following for the past six months and see what’ll happen.

You can probably imagine I’m extremely pleased with myself. The fact that I’ve done this all by myself and by my own willpower is very good for my self-esteem. It makes me feel proud of myself. Especially the fact that I didn’t take some unhealthy diet to lose the weight but structurally changed my lifestyle and started living healthier. The last is way more difficult to keep up than the first, but it also shows more permanent results. As I feel an incredible amount healthier than before I don’t think I’ll ever go back to the way I was living before. I’ve come to terms with the fact that I’m not meant to be slim and lean. I simply wasn’t born with the right body-type, but I can be healthy even though I’m a bit plump.

The BMI I had before meant I had a higher risk to get cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. By losing some weight that risk has become a lot smaller. The same goes for my waistline. My stomach has always been my major problem area, because all my fat accumulates there. According to the Voedingscentrum your waistline has to be below 88 cm (for women), because if it’s higher you again have a higher risk. I’m finally below 88 cm, so the risks have become much smaller. Besides decreasing risks for all kinds of diseases, I’m in much better shape and my stamina is very good. I never would have thought being healthy could feel so good. :)

Next time I’ll tell you about the disadvantages of losing weight, because 'ieder voordeel hep z'n nadeel'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home