<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 24, 2005

"For all my dreams came true"

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for my last post. I really don’t know what came over me or where that came from, but it seems like it had to get out. I’m quit sane again now.

This last week I have actually worked a bit on my thesis. Go me! The people at the library of the Social Economic Council (Sociaal Economische Raad) send me the articles I had required and they’re really helpful and interesting. My thesis is finally coming together, mostly in my head though, so now it’s mainly a case of getting it on paper. My goal is to graduate before October, because I get my last study funding (studiefinanciering) in September. That should be enough time to finish. If I could just force myself to work on it more often…

I’ve started and finished reading The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown this week, just to see what all the fuss is about. It’s a good book, with a very interesting point of view and lots of fascinating facts. But I still don’t understand why some people praise it to the skies. It’s all very clever and ingenious, but I don’t feel the book is a masterpiece. After reading it, I do want to find out how much of what’s in the book is actually true and what’s fiction. My friend told me there was a book that went into the truth behind The Da Vinci Code, so I will be checking the library for it. Can't wait to see Paul Bettany as Silas, Ian McKellen as Teabing and Jean Reno as Fache in the upcoming movie.

I’ve also been working on my MSN Space, because I obviously had nothing better to do. And to waste even more time I’ve watched Sin City. Loved it! The design and atmosphere are amazing. You can really see it’s straight out of the comic books. I don’t understand why there was so much fuss about the movie being violent, because I’ve certainly seen more violent and more realistic movies. The atrocities are so over-the-top that you can’t possibly take them seriously. The women in the movie kicked ass. The men in the movie kicked ass. And I just love Clive Owen. From the moment I first set eyes on him in the television mini-series ‘Second Sight’ I’ve liked him. I just have a thing for British, dark haired men. So all in all, this was my kind of movie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home