<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 04, 2005

Had a life. Got a modem.

This Saturday my new glasses were ready. I’m still not quit used to how I look with these new glasses and I also have to go back to the optician one of these days because the damn thing keeps slipping from my nose. But at least I can finally see who’s on the other side of the road again. My world is entirely clear in stead of blurred, once again. I’ve had glasses since I was very young and my eyesight is simply rotten. My new glasses are -10,25 and -8,25 and those kind of glasses don’t come cheaply. I had to pay over 600 euro for two lenses, the spectacle frame and a lid I can put over my glasses against the sun. It’s an incredible amount of money, but I need my glasses to function in life, so there’s nothing I can do about it. *sigh*

Furthermore, I wish to share my latest food-discovery with you. It’s called mocha-hazelnut bread and it tastes ridiculously good. It really is insanely delicious. Try it! I know you’ll love it as much as I do after the very first bite. My mother bought it at the AH, but I’m sure it’s available in other supermarkets as well.

What else… Oh yeah, I want to take this opportunity to hail marktplaats.nl, because through their site I’ve bought two Terry Pratchett books (one hardcover and one illustrated) for only 16,50 euro (including 5,50 euro shipping costs)! I’ve been buying stuff through markplaats.nl for quit a while now and I’ve never been disappointed. You can get second hand articles for very, very good prices if you know where to look. Recently I’ve also been selling my own stuff on marktplaats.nl and other suchlike sites and I’ve actually been able to sell some things. Not for an awful amount of money, but every 5 euro you get for things you no longer use is nice. So, if you still have CD’s lying around that you know you’ll never listen to again in your life, or books that don’t interest you anymore, just put them on marktplaats.nl and wait and see if you get a decent offer. It’s better to make a little money than to keep them lying around, forget about them and throw them away in the end.

For those of you that were as disappointed as I was that the Live8 performance by The Cure in Paris wasn’t shown on television, check out this site and click on Paris. Theirs is the very first performance that is shown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home