<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

It's been a while

As you might have noticed, it’s been a while since my latest post. I’ve been busy, extremely busy as a matter of fact. Busy with soap orders, working on my final thesis and the presentation of my third year thesis. Last week I had another meeting with the professor who is helping me with my final thesis and the meeting was again very positive. He gave me some suggestions that I can actually work with. I’m quite pleased I have chosen this particular professor to help me, because he doesn’t make you feel stupid. I know from experience that a lot of professors do make you feel stupid, and most of them even do so intentionally. They have this attitude about them. ‘I’m the professor and you are merely a student, so don’t you dare arguing with me, because I am right about everything! You should be grateful I’m willing to give up some of my precious time for you!’ Thankfully this professor isn’t one of those.

Yesterday I finally presented my third year thesis. I had already finished it in February, but I never came round to presenting it. There were 8 other students who had to present their thesis yesterday and we were required to listen to all of those. So we spend three-and-a-half hours in the same room, listening to each other, without a break. By the time we were finished I had a terrible headache and my back was aching from having to sit still on the same chair for over three hours. But, the good news was that we were all awarded an extra 0.5 point for our grade. The bad news was, that the professor who helped me on my third year thesis apparently always makes sure the final grade a student gets for his/her third year thesis is the grade he wants you to get. Professors are supposed to tell their students before the presentation what grade they’ve received, and with the presentation you can receive up to one point extra or one point less than that grade. But he didn’t tell me, and apparently never tells his students beforehand, because he persists in his own grade. So, if he wants a student to get a 7 as a final grade, and the student received +0.5 point on his/her presentation, he will say he gave the student a 6.5 for his/her thesis. It’s stupid of course, but I can’t really be bothered. The important thing is that I’ve finally passed my third year thesis which means I have now passed every single subject. The only thing standing in my way before I can graduate is my final thesis. And that’s coming along nicely, so I’ll hopefully be able to graduate at the end of October. That’s only two months away! It’s scary, exciting and joyful at the same time.

Something totally different: anyone interested in any of these items? Mail me at euroshima@hotmail.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home