<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 15, 2005

My small room

The other day Joris came round and brought his digital camera for me to borrow, so I could take some new pictures for the Hidden Treasures-website. Seconds before the battery died I decided to take some quick snaps of my room, just to show you what it looks like. I believe my room gives a very good representation of who I am and what I'm about. I do think a lot of my personality comes through. Besides, I must say I'm quite curious what you all think of my room, so let those comments fly!

My room is very small, so it may seem a bit overcrowded, but I just have very little space to put everything. I'm very proud of the little book collection that I've put together over the years. Most of it is on these two shelves, but it simply can't hold everything, so some of my books are in boxes. I'm not a Christian or Buddhist by the way, I just like religious pictures.


The wall next to my bed is filled with my favorite Luis Royo artwork-poster, the Lord of the Rings artwork calender Nizza bought for me several years ago but is just to beautiful to throw away, printed artwork and lots of incense.


A closer look at my notice board, which contains Lord of the Rings (of course), Death from the Sandman comics by Neil Gaiman, Drizzt Do'Urden, some more (dark)elves and again lots of incense.


The left-side of my desk and my small closet with more printed artwork, some black and purple candles, a recordplayer and part of my CD-collection.


The other side of my desk, with even more incense! I love burning incense, but the rest of my family hates it, so I don't burn that much anymore. That's why I have such a big stock. I'm sure that once I have a place of my own that stock will gradually subside.


The next two pictures give a better view of the books I read and buy. Lots of fantasy, as you can see. Tolkien, Jordan, Pratchett, Martin, Gaiman, Salvatore, Weis & Hickman, Rowling. The usual, I suppose.



That's about it, or at least that's the interesting part of my room. I have another large closet and a small bookcase in my room, but the picture didn't turn out well, so I can't show you that. The bookcase just contains more books, cd's, dvd's, my buddha statue and a lot of folders with old school stuff. That's it. That's my small room. I can't wait to have my own place, which is always going to be larger than what I have now, and make it my own.

Edit: Just a small remark about the wallpaper. It's years and years old and was imposed upon me by my parents. I'm just waiting for my own little appartment that I can paint or paper the way I want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home