<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Day After

Thank you all for your sweet comments, pm’s and e-cards! I really had a good time yesterday, while I normally don’t really enjoy my birthday. I don’t know what it was, perhaps the wonderful weather, but I got up early in the morning feeling happy and the feeling lasted the entire day. My family and some of my friends came round in the evening and this Saturday my three best friends are coming to my birthday-party, during which I will stuff them with my cooking. That should be a lot of fun. :)

About my presents. From my parents I received money and ‘The Complete Novels of Jane Austen’, which contains P&P, S&S, Emma, Mansfield Park, Persuasion, Northanger Abby and Lady Susan. It also has Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy on the front cover, which you can probably all agree on is a major plus. My brother bought me ‘Monstrous Regiment’ by Terry Pratchett, one of the few Discworld novels not yet in my possession. Apparently he discovered my books-to-buy list on the computer. I’m also getting another present from him, but that particular present hadn’t come in yet, so I’ll have to wait a bit. Can’t wait to see what it is. Furthermore my grandmother and godmother gave me money, and the latter also bought me two beautiful and ingenious picture frames. Regrettably I don’t have a place to put them right now, but they’ll look lovely in my flat/apartment/whatever I’m going to live in, in the future. So, not that many presents, mostly cash, which I can put in my savings account and use to buy stuff once I have my own apartment. Of course, there’s still Saturday with my friends, so there are more presents coming my way. ;)

To answer the cliché question. I don’t feel particularly different now that I’ve turned the age of 22. I’m still me, just a year older, but of course a lot wiser than two days ago. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home