<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 05, 2005

Parties and concerts

Last Friday I went to the Distorted Party at the Waterfront in Rotterdam where Combichrist and Embolus were performing. As Combichrist is one of my favorite bands and their only performance in the Netherlands was in Rotterdam, I simply had to go. Nizza and myself stayed over at Tim's place and we had a great time. We danced and danced and even danced some more. My feet were absolutely killing me the next day. The only downpart was that it was so crowded while the bands were performing that there was very little room to really move around while dancing. The after-party was very good as well. A lot of people were complaining afterwards that the music wasn't "goth" enough, but I like it when dj's cross-over and play different styles.

A week before I went to the Cybergothic Festival in the Effenaar in Eindhoven, where Das Ich, Psyche, The Invincible Spirit and Fixmer/McCarthy were performing. It was my first cybergothic event and I truly enjoyed myself. There weren't that many people there because of the snow. We ourselves had been waiting for 45 minutes in the snowstorm for a bus to take us to the centre of Eindhoven. Thankfully we caught the last bus and were able to get to the Effenaar. Many people weren't so lucky. When DJ -X-X-X- started his set around 23.30 the doors were also opened to the techno-people, as the cybergothic festival would be followed by a techno party. They didn't really know what was going on with all those weirdly dressed and weirdly dancing people. They only started dancing whenthe first techno song came on, while the cyber people just danced on and on and on. What a bunch of narrowminded people...

I'm looking forward to the next Cybergothic Syndrome in the Effenaar with Xotox in January, and Suicide Commando's performance in April. I can't wait! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home