<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Work, work, work

Last week I was told I could probably stay on for the first quarter of 2006 at the ABN AMRO. They can't promise me anything, so there's no absolute guarantee about how long I'll be able to keep working there. We'll just have to wait and see. I was told they're very pleased with me because I pick things up very quickly and am not afraid to work hard. Two things not a lot of young people have anymore, apparently. [Their words, not mine.] Several people told me separately from each other that everyone was happy with me, so that was rather good for my confidence. Because they did want to show me their appreciation I've been given a raise. Woei! After only having worked there for three weeks. That says it all really, doesn't it?

The work itself isn't very mentally challenging, but it's not exactly easy to find a job that competely connects with the study I've done and is intellectually challenging. I just see this a the perfect opportunity to gain experience, work with nice people and save up some/a lot of money. And hey, I even received a Sinterklaas present (a lot of baking tins and a huge spiced biscuit), so who knows, maybe I'll even get a Christmaspackage (kerstpakket)! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home