<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Being nice can get you anywhere

I must confess I’ve been neglecting my own blog and all of your blogs lately. It’s just that if you have to sit and work behind the computer 8 hours a day, 5 days a week you don’t exactly feel like sitting behind the bloody thing even more during the evenings or the weekends. Besides I’ve had the flu about two-and-a-half weeks ago -like the rest of the Netherlands it seems- and have only fully recovered this weekend. And if that wasn’t enough, I’ve also been busy with ‘soaping’ as Hidden Treasures is participating in the Crafty Market on the 8th of April.

What’s there to tell? Well, I’ve had a very interesting conversation with my superiors at work about a week ago. I had let them know I wasn’t entirely happy with my work, because it’s far below my level. I’ve graduated from university and would like to do something in which I can really put my brains to work. My direct superior was complimenting me so much I almost couldn’t take it anymore. I was the best temporary worker he had ever had, I only needed one word to understand what people wanted, I fitted perfectly with the rest of the team, I worked hard, efficient and fast, etc.etc. In other words, he would really like for me to stay on. He had told all this to his superior and that is why they decided to offer me the job of fiatteur. I’m not going to explain to you what kind of job that is, because it would only bore you, but believe me when I say it is a huge step forwards and upwards for me. They even offered me a temporary contract for 7 months! I consider myself very lucky because I know there are a lot of people at other departments who would like to have tried the job of fiatteur as well. And a lot of my co-workers who also work via an employment agency have been working at our office a lot longer, but have never received a contract. All my hard work hasn’t been for nothing! It’s amazing what you can get in return for simply doing your best, putting everything into your work and being nice and helpful towards your co-workers. Let’s just say I’m rather pleased with myself. For the first time in my life I really believe I’m going to make it, in life in general. It's an amazing feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home