<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

"For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity."

Sunday morning my aunt died at the age of 60 of bowl cancer. She had been ill for about 2,5 years. My family isn’t close to her family anymore, but it still affects you and it doesn’t change the sadness of it all. I've shed my tears. Especially since we used to be very close up until about 10 years ago. But, people change, arguments arise and people grow apart…

Seeing how some of my aunt’s family members are pushing their own ideas of how my aunt would want her funeral through, I’ve decided to finally actually write down what I want and do not want when I die. Basic stuff about what I want my funeral to be like, who I want some of my things to go to and what should happen to my websites. It might seem like foolish stuff, but it’s important to me.

Someone dying or being ill close to you always makes you think about life and death and triggers millions of questions. What if my parents, brother or closest friends were to become seriously ill or suddenly die? What if I were to become ill? Would I desperately try to cling on to life or would I be able to accept my faith. I hope I would be able to acquiesce in it, but you never know in advance how you would deal with it. What if I were to die? How would my family and friends cope? How would I be remembered? Would I be remembered? All these questions keep mulling through my mind.

Enjoy life. Enjoy the good moments ánd the bad moments. Especially enjoy the small things in life. A bird singing in a tree. The wind blowing in your face and through your hair. Laughing with your friends. The sound of leaves rustling in the wind. The smell of fresh rain in the air. The feel of the sun on your face. Enjoy life. Enjoy every aspect of it, because it could be over tomorrow. And don not fear death, for it is only part of the endless circle of life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Liesl said...

What you're saying is so very true. Enjoy life, choose life! I'm sorry about your aunt, be strong and see the good things in life, i hope she lived a good life too...

22/8/06 21:21  
Blogger Cheeky Monkey said...

gecondoleerd :(
Het is goed om stil te staan bij de mooie dingen; dat is te makkelijk om te vergeten.

23/8/06 11:56  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

you're so right, life's about living and learning, appreciating and resigning at the right moments... a human life is so precious and so fragile, here today and gone tomorrow and yet we let our petty grievences get in the way at all the wrong times...

take care of yourself, keep an eye on those around you who need help and keep reminding yourself to see others outside of your own expectations...

keep well...

25/8/06 22:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home